Clinique Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector review



Price: £13.00
Size: 15ml
Ingredients:cyclomethicone dimethicone hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer isononyl isononanoate silica isododecane dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer vinyl dimethicone/methicone silsesquioxane crosspolymer polymethyl methacrylate lauroyl lysine tocopherol glycine soja (soybean) oil stearyl glycyrrhetinate ethylhexylglycerine phytostheryl/octyldodecyl lauroyl glutamate methicone phenoxyethanol butylparaben isobutylparaben isopropylparaben (may contain) mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides

Clinique Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector is designed to “Instantly refine the look of pores with a natural-looking, long-lasting matte finish. De-shines. Resists sweat and humidity, too. Wear alone, under or over makeup for a flawless look. Invisible coverage.”

I’ve tried wearing this alone, under foundation and over foundation and none of them improve the way my pores appear, all it does is emphasise them or make my skin look a whole lot worse.

You can purchase this in two shades; Invisible Light and Invisible Deep. I was given Invisible Deep and wasn’t aware at the time that you can purchase it in a lighter shade, which would have been more suitable for my skin tone. Like always, the sales assistant was trying to convince me that if I bought the rest of the Clinique pore minimising products, then it would help a whole lot more. I’m never one to fall for everything I’m told by sales assistants and I know she was trying to get me to purchase as many of the products as possible since it’s her job. I only walked away with this and I’m so glad I didn’t purchase any of the other products as it’s terrible.

Disregarding the fact I should have been given a lighter shade, this product is still extremely bad. It doesn’t do what it claims to at all, in fact it maximises the appearance of my pores.

This is what it looks like squeezed out of the tube. As you can see, it’s already quite dark. The product feels like a very light moisturiser and is almost mouse like. You can’t see them until you rub it in but it also appears to have little sparkles in. If I rub it onto my hands then I am left with a lovely smooth, matte feel to the area where I have applied it but of course, the skin on my hands doesn’t have enlarged pores like on my face. If it did what it does to my hands, then I would be extremely happy but it does the exact opposite.



Here is my skin around my nose area having worn my foundation for a good few hours, been walking around outside and then sat in the sun, which, as you can see, leads to my pores enlarging a whole lot more than when I first applied my makeup.



Here it is having applied the Clinique Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector. Pretty bad, right? All it does is sit on the surface of my skin or sit in my pores, emphasising them even more.



I have tried this with about 5 different foundations, each applying it under or over it or even both and no matter what foundation I use, I still get the same bad result. I usually use my finger to apply it but in the hope it would help, I used a brush but as I expected, it didn’t improve at all.

I wouldn’t recommend this product to anyone. I would quite happily have visible pores than apply this since it only makes them look worse. It may work for some but it definitely didn’t for me and for the little product you do get for your money, I’m sure there is something a lot cheaper out there that works a whole lot better.


3ate4 fashion & inspiration blog

 
Design by Blogger | Celebrity Fashion Shop